- Java 8 has been installed on the machine that the application is being executed on.
- Download the demonstration application for the FRED Client, World Bank Client, or OpenFIGI Client
- Open a command prompt (refer to example below) and change the directory to where you saved this file (ie. “cd C:Temp” on Microsoft Windows).
- Execute “java -jar [name of the client jar downloaded].jar”
- The application should launch and you should see an image as appears below.
- Send us an email if you have questions.
Once the application is running you might want to edit the queries we have provided — if this is the case, you’ll want to look at the documentation for the QueryBuilder.
Finally, the domain classes may also likely be of interest to you.
If your company uses a proxy server for Internet access then you can still run the application, but you would do so as follows:
java -Dhttp.proxyHost=[IP address] -Dhttp.proxyPort=[port number] -jar fred-client-assembly-2.0.0-RELEASE.jar
java -Dhttp.proxyHost=10.0.0.100 -Dhttp.proxyPort=8800 -jar fred-client-assembly-2.0.0-RELEASE.jar
Ask your network administrators for the proxy server name or IP address and port number.