[ Introduction ] Examples | Source Code | Maven | Java Documentation (core only) | Caching | Try it | Property Change Notifications
Maven Central Details:
Download the fred-client-spark-int-2.0.1-RELEASE.jar used in the example above here.
Are you looking to analyze macro economic data from the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis?
If your application architecture is based on Java, the Spring Framework, and Maven, and you’re looking to access economic data from the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis then we have the solution for you.
Introducing The Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED) Client
Coherent Logic has developed an application programming interface (API) for accessing the 527,000 US and international time series and other economic data from 87 data sources that are available via the FRED web services.
The FRED Client interface to the FRED web services is based on industry standard technologies including:
- Java version 1.8
- The Spring Framework 3.0+
- Log4J & SLF4J
This middleware has been designed with minimal dependencies, it is well documented and rigorously tested (including both unit and integration tests), example code is included to help get results quickly, and the software has been released under the LGPL open source license.
The domain model is Java Beans compliant and the framework, as a whole, can be used in either Java Swing or Java Enterprise applications.
– Meet FRED, the Fed’s rock stars of data
– THE MOST AMAZING ECONOMICS WEBSITE IN THE WORLD
– Meet FRED, every wonk’s secret weapon
– Economic Data Federal Reserve Bank of Saint Louis
– List of FRED Data Series
– St Louis Fed Dashboard
- FRED Client
- Coherent Data Adapter: US Treasury Direct Client
- World Bank Client
- Coherent Data Adapter: OpenFIGI Client Edition
- Coherent Data Adapter: Quandl Client Edition
- USA Spending Client
- Coherent Datafeed: Thomson Reuters Edition
- Coherent Data Adapter: CUSIP Global Services Web Edition
- Google Analytics Measurement API Client
- CMR: Rapid Data Acquisition for the Apache Spark Cluster Computing Platform
- Python Client for FRED API by Aleksandar Velkoski
Need some help?
Email support is available should you require assistance, so please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have a question or comment.
Do you need an application to process economic data which is provided by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis via the FRED web services?
If you answered ‘yes’ then why not consider hiring the people who wrote and support the FRED Client?
We are expert software engineers who specialize in developing desktop and enterprise applications on the Java platform. We have an expertise in many industry standard frameworks and will focus on getting your project finished quickly and to a high standard. Furthermore we provide support to customers that would like assistance after the project has been delivered, as well as knowledge transfer to customers who prefer to manage the solution internally.
Feel free to send us an email and we can set up a time to talk about your project and how we can be of service.