Acquire Financial Instrument Global Identifier (FIGI) data for ad hoc reporting and analysis purposes with the Coherent Data Adapter: OpenFIGI Client Edition middleware for Java.
The FIGI (Financial Instrument Global Identifier), previously the Bloomberg Global Identifier (BBGID), is a unique identifier of financial instruments that can be issued to instruments such as common stock, options, derivatives, futures, corporate and government bonds, municipals, currencies, and mortgage products .
From Bloomberg :
OpenFIGI.com provides direct access to multiple tools for identifying, mapping and requesting free and open symbology datasets. The website enables users to search the available Open Symbology data, access news and updates related to the FIGI, and obtain the OpenFIGI API specification. The website also provides powerful search criteria including access to increased coverage, the inclusion of additional fields, such as Share Class FIGI, and options to narrow down and pinpoint the results, which can be exported to Excel files without usage restrictions. Bloomberg’s Open Symbology team will also use the site to share its subject-matter expertise about symbology, data quality, data governance, metadata and ontology.
The Coherent Data Adapter: OpenFIGI Client Edition is an enterprise data adapter which provides full-scope access to the entire suite of web services offered by the OpenFIGI.com API. This middleware is writen in Java and has been released under the LGPL license.
Data data = queryBuilder .withApiKey(API_KEY) .getRequestBody() .withIsin("US4592001014") .withWertpapier("851399") .done() .doGetAsData();
def data = queryBuilder .getRequestBody() .withFinancialInstrumentGlobalIdentifier("BBG00K62SK81") .done() .doGetAsData();
This example demonstrates direct access to the Sunlands Online Education Group.
Let’s Talk About Your Project
Coherent Logic offers data acquisition expertise to businesses that intend to leverage OpenFIGI and other financial data in their organization — inquiries can be directed to:[E] email@example.com
- FRED Client
- Coherent Data Adapter: US Treasury Direct Client
- World Bank Client
- Coherent Data Adapter: Quandl Client Edition
- USA Spending Client
- Coherent Datafeed: Thomson Reuters Edition
- Coherent Data Adapter: CUSIP Global Services Web Edition
- Google Analytics Measurement API Client
- CMR: Rapid Data Acquisition for the Apache Spark Cluster Computing Platform
- Financial Instrument Global Identifier
- What’s in a name? The Bloomberg Global ID is reborn as the FIGI
- Bloomberg Launches Online Request Utility and New Mapping Tools for the Financial Instrument Global Identifier (FIGI)
- OpenFIGI Q3 2016 Newsletter (Coherent Logic is mentioned)
- What is a Bloomberg ID
- Bloomberg Open Symbology API
- Bloomberg Open Source Symbology
- Bloomberg Unique Id Format
- Identifiers, Identifiers, Everywhere
- Ask the Expert: FIGI I.D. Mapping Across Multiple Asset Classes
- RIMES Corporation OpenFIGI Symbology
- OpenFIGI: Currencies and Spot FX Pairs
- Lloyds bank on master data management for business integration in M&A
- Master data management
- MDM Master Data Management: What does it really mean in Financial Services?
- Beyond Compliance: Creating Business Value With Legal Entity Identifiers
- McKinsey & Company and GLEIF White Paper: Creating Business Value with the LEI